I cannot take credit for this one (thanks Hubby) but I can promise you that it is easy, it tastes amazing and little ones will get very excited about it. If the thought of working with and preparing a crab is a bit daunting don’t worry! I have a vlog for you (coming Tuesday) that will help guide you with this.
1 Tb Olive oil
1 Onion, diced
1 Tb Pre-crushed garlic
1 Tb Pre-crushed ginger
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Masala
2 Fresh crabs (keep crab fat when preparing)
1 x 400g tin of diced tomato
Handful fresh coriander (to garnish)
- Clean and prepare the crab (I have a Vlog for you coming on Tuesday night!)
- Heat a large fry pan on medium heat, add oil is hot, add the onion and stir with a wooden spoon until it is soft and slightly brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger and crab fat and spices. Stir again to form a nice curry paste (the crab fat give this curry heaps of flavour).
- Add the crab followed by the tomato. Turn heat down, cover and allow to simmer for approximately 25 minutes. The crab will be loose at the joints as a guide.
- Garnish with coriander and serve in bowls with fresh chapati (we get ours fresh from a local Indian shop if we do not have time to make them). Hve fun cracking the crab!
xxx Dr Julie Bhosale (and hubby!)