Breakfast can be a real challenge when you are pregnant especially with morning sickness which over half of all pregnant mamas experience. After two pregnancies I know to the core how hard this can be! You can read one of my pregnancy blogs in the early stages here. Although you may not feel like eating, it is really important to having something in the morning as this provides you with fuel to last the day.
Try to avoid really high sugary, processed cereals as this will actually make morning sickness worse and cause a blood sugar crash later on. Instead, here is my top 10 super easy and healthy pregnancy breakie ideas!
- Smoothie! Loads of smoothie ideas here for you – my feijoa and kale green smoothie is one of my favourites!
- Porridge – simple, warm and you can read about the benefits of oats here
- Breakie Bliss Balls – you can make a batch in advance
- Eggs – any style
- Mushrooms – gently sauteed in a pan with some butter or coconut oil
- Homemade muesli – recipe here!
- Wholegrain toast with peanut butter, avocado (read just why I LOVE avocado here) or my egg and avocado smash.
Breakfast muffin – packed full of important nutrients and a great way to get in some good green stuff!
- Glass of milk – try my homemade strawberry milk!
- Yogurt (Greek or unsweetened) with some berries, seeds and coconut.
xxx Dr Julie Bhosale