- This event has passed.
National Starting Solids Tour – Christchurch
April 8 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Dr. Julie Bhosale is an internationally-renowned family wellbeing and nutrition expert, author, and speaker and her popular Starting Solids Tour proudly brought to you by Philips Avent is a must.
There is currently a lot of conflicting information around when and how to start solids – Dr. Julie will shine the spotlight on the most current research including:
– The ideal time to start solids.
– What foods to introduce and when.
– New guidelines on allergenic foods.
– The concept of baby lead weaning.
– Dr. Julie’s expert opinion on baby rice.
– The physiology behind an infant’s digestive system development and the potential impact of gluten.
– Practical strategies to help include key nutrients including iron into babies diets.
– Alternatives for vegetarians and those on specialist diets.
– Ideas for family meals ideal for making baby food easily at home.
– Philips Avent Blender/Steamer demonstration.
Dr. Julie is passionate about good nutrition and helping families establishing lifelong healthy habits that work for busy modern lifestyles – a mum of two preschoolers herself, she has published her first cookbook titled “Healthy Easy Dinners for Busy Mums”. With a cooking demo, specials on her cookbook, the chance to buy her new starting solids guide plus ask her questions one-on-one – you don’t want to miss this.
Special Guest –
As food and sleep are inextricably linked special guest Baby Whisperer Vicki-K – Owner and operator of her own sleep consulting business – will also deliver a presentation as part of this event. Vicki will cover key topics for this sleep with this age group including settling, sleep regression, dropping sleeps, and night time waking.
Who This Event Is For?
This event is perfect for mums with babies up to about a year old and it is also highly recommended for those pregnant for the first time as you will benefit from hearing this expert information before life gets very busy!
If you are confused by all the conflicting information on how to start solids and/or are having trouble with your little one along this journey (sleep included!) come along for morning packed full of expert information.
All venues are very family friendly and babies are welcome.
Tickets are limited and will sell out fast so be in quick.
Click here to secure your tickets today.